Many people find it difficult to decide what to wear for a portrait or headshot shoot, and may regret their choice of clothing afterwards. Lensmen Photography & Video has compiled some tips for our clients to help them prepare.
If you are getting your headshot done with Lensmen, we would recommend you take note of the following advice:
- Wear block colours in neutral tones rather than stripes or patterns – this will prevent the clothes from taking over the image.
- Keep jewellery to a minimum – so it doesn’t distract viewers.
- If you want to get your hair done for the headshot, get it done a couple of days in advance – this will allow the hair time to settle, or soften.
- Try and look as you normally do; i.e. don’t plaster on make-up if you don’t usually wear it, keep your glasses on if you always wear them, etc.
- Match your clothes to the purpose of the headshot – no party clothes for a LinkedIn headshot, etc.
For advice on what to wear for a portrait, whether mid or full-length, keep in mind the following points:
- Plan your outfit to match the purpose of the portrait, and match the style of your hair and clothes, e.g. make them both formal, casual, fun, etc.
- Wear the same colours top and bottom
- Try and avoid having too much skin exposed – this includes arms and legs. The skin will draw attention away from your face, and also make your arms seem larger.
- Use dark shoes and socks – light colours will draw the eye to them.
- Again, try to resist the urge to hide your glasses or overdo the makeup – you need to be recognisable in the end shot.
Please contact us: 00353 (0)1 8197738 or firstname.lastname@example.org