Production Coordinator | Video Pre & Post Production Manager
Lensmen are looking for a production coordinator with film and video production and editing experience and an interest in producing and organising shoots. In the role you will be liaising with clients and managing a team of videographers and editors, organising their shoots. These are the main requirements of the role and are not an exhaustive list of duties. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change on a daily basis.
- As a member of the production team within Lensmen, you’ll play an important role in the production process, coordinating production activities and operations.
- The role will require the ability to juggle multiple projects, deal with clients, develop and pitch creative ideas to them, write creative briefs and scripts while keeping current with industry trends. Work closely with the video production team to create shot lists and interview questions
- Produce comprehensive, accurate, and clear production planning, budgeting and invoicing
- Coordinate crew logistics, transportation, and media delivery for production
- Continually liaising with all members of video productions to ensure the smooth running of the shoots and ensure the cost of the allocated production remains within the budget. Deliver projects on time.
- Understanding & implementation of production Health & Safety requirements.
- Write comprehensive Risk Assessments to ensure all safety & security provisions are in place. Currently, this includes management of Covid safety on events.
- Act as point of contact with production and post-production members to organise all technical and facility requirements.
- Supporting the Post Production across the team ensuring that all post-production schedules are maintained and communicated with all necessary parties
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
First contact for new and Current Lensmen clients. Developing and strengthening our relationship with clients and meeting their video production objectives and goals.
Manage client communications with (us) Lensmen via Zoom or Microsoft Teams email or phone.
- Respond to client briefs with proposals and treatments, brainstorm with the video team, and pitch for future projects.
- You will deal with clients, manage expectations, handle changing client requirements and schedules, and work closely with the video production team.
- Quoting for all video shoots and keeping the project on budget and time throughout the project’s lifetime.
- Bookings coordinator and management of production calendar and schedule
- Help organise logistics around live streaming events and video shoots
- Produce call sheets and risk assessments
- Organise video production equipment for shoots
- Attend video shoots and liaise with clients and the Lensmen video team to ensure that information is presented accurately on the days of the shooting.
- Track the video post-production workflow and work with our editors to create streamlined communication between them and our client
- Arranging sign-off of logos, story titles, and logo stings
- Arrange changes/revisions of client films and ensure upload of revised edit to Vimeo, liaise with editors to make sure revised edits get to clients on time
- Arrange final delivery of video files, embed codes, and rushes to clients
- Keep client progress document up to date
- Keep video and editing production calendar and schedule up to date
- Ensuring that all worksheets are correctly completed and billed correctly, ready for invoicing
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required for the Role:
- You should be a creative thinker who can find new ways to present video content.
- You have field production, post-production, and live experience.
- Knowledge of post-production, workflows, and resource coordination would be a distinct advantage.
- Adaptable, dynamic, and quick-thinking with a flexible approach.
- BA or MA degree in filmmaking, media, or working in relevant areas.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and G-Suite and resources coordination would be a distinct advantage.
- ‘Can do’ Attitude, Enthusiastic and an Excellent Team Player
- A passion for storytelling, filming, creativity, and producing stunning video content.
- Excellent communication and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience working in a production company and managing in-house production and editing team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivated and manage your time efficiently across multiple projects
- Pre-production experience, including casting, scriptwriting, shot lists, and storyboards.
- Excellent knowledge of camera, lighting and audio equipment, and other production specs.
- Good understanding of shoot day hours dynamics and happy to work outside normal working hours with early and later shots during the week and weekends.
- Strong experience with Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience editing and directing video for various platforms, with a strong understanding of specs across social platforms, YouTube, and emerging video platforms.
- Safe Pass and Health and Safety course preferable but not necessary
- Knowledge of production insurance and health and safety on shots on location or in our studio.
- Own a car and a full, clean EU driver’s licence
Other possible duties
- Provide creative direction on shots and assist with studio recordings and conference filming or live-streaming events
- Video editing and colour adjustment/grading of video content
- Cover letter
- Contact details (phone number and email) for reference in the last three years
- Links to Social channels | Youtube | Vimeo |Portfolio|Showreel you have worked on in the past two years.
- A strong portfolio/reel of projects you have worked across
Lensmen’s ideal candidate would be someone who meets the criteria; however, this isn’t a box-ticking exercise, and we’re keen to help someone grow and develop their career in an environment where they’re geared to thrive.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com to be considered.