Lensmen photographers have been covering state events since 1952
We have photographically covered both in Dublin and in other locations throughout Ireland and overseas:
- The Inauguration of event President since 1952
- State Visits
- State Photo-calls
- Public Engagements
- Foreign Visits
- Departmental Meetings
- Press Launches
- State Functions
- Event Conferences
- Corporate Conferences
- Press and Public Relations
Lensmen has worked with:
- Department of the Taoiseach
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
- Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
- Department of Defence
- Department of Education and Skills
- Department of Environment, Community and Local Government
- Department of Finance
- Department of Health
- Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
- Department of Justice and Equality
- Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Department of Social Protection
- Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
- Department of Justice and Equality and the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
- Tanaiste’s Office
- European Consumer Commission (ECC)
- European Parliament Office in Ireland
- National University of Ireland
- Law Society of Ireland
- Ireland-US Council
- Áras an Uachtaráin
- Enterprise Ireland
- Various semi-state bodies such as: Eirgrid, Bord Failte, Bord na Mona, Aer Lingus, NRA, Bord na gCon, CIE etc.
Lensmen has also covered events around these department’s work for newspapers and other media e.g. state visits, Budget Day public engagements, photo calls, conferences, etc. We guarantee confidentiality and are committed to quality, value, and service.
- Our photographers are Susan Kennedy, Peter Thursfield, Tom Coakley, Karen Morgan and Con O’Donoghue.
- The team has combined experience of over 123 years.
- All Lensmen photographers are full-time professionals and have many years experience of attending these event
- Between our entire photography team, we have 30 cameras and a range of lens from 8mm fisheye to zoom 24-105mm to 70-200mm, long lens 300mm, camera flash, as well as portable and fixed full studio flash/lighting systems for maximum flexibility on location and in studio.
- All photographers have their own laptops and 3G or phone access to broadband.
- Available for work 24/7/365 for assignments in Dublin and in other locations throughout Ireland and overseas.
- Our entire photography team use Aperture/ Lightroom on a daily basis and are experts in CS5Photoshop.
- All our photographer have experience in syndicating photos/images to the papers from both our office and on location of the event to, the international, national, provincial, and local media. They have a high success rate of publication across all media.
- Lensmen has up-to-date media contact list of editors, picture desks and Journalists.
- They have extensive experience as designated pool photographers, using Lensmen online website, lensmen.ie, to syndicate images to the national/local/international media.
- Member of IPPA, PPAI and the National Union of Journalists.
- We are Safe Pass certified, as well as have our own vehicle, clean license and current passport.
- Garda & US Whitehouse Security Clearance May 2011 (for President Barack Obama’s visit to Ireland).
- Lensmen has a rapid turn-around of images and the ability to provide contact sheets, either printed or in electronic jpeg PDF format, within 24 hours after a shoot or event.
- Lensmen carbon footprint reduction policy is to turn it off computer and lights when not in use,turn down the central and water heating setting, to fit energy saving light bulbs, insulate our office and water tanks and only to use energy efficiency rating of “A” equipment.
- All members of the team use public transport, public bike schemes, or taxis to reduce our carbon footprint.
All employees and contractors of Lensmen have signed a Terms and Conditions of Employment with Lensmen:
- Waiving their right to any Copyright and all Intellectual Property Rights title and interest in any written materials and all photographs, images, and digital files to ‘working’ to Lensmen.
- Respect confidentiality/official secrets, keeping all material and information entrusted to it by the department in a secure and confidential manner. They will not use any information or material entrusted to them in any way detrimental to Lensmen clients or to any persons with whom our clients may have dealings.
- All equipment, goods or materials used or provided in the course of providing services under the contract must comply with all relevant Health and Safety Standards.
- They are responsible for compliance with all applicable statutory, regulatory and other relevant obligations for the time being in force including, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, those relating to health, safety and welfare at work, environment, waste disposal, employment rights, data protection, equality, race relations, and sexual discrimination.
- All photographers, both staff and contract, have read and signed our company Safety Statement, thereby agreeing to work by our strict safety standards.
Lensmen offer a full media and press release distribution and syndication service of both press release and images to National Newspapers, Regional Newspapers and online social media platforms.
Professional Indemnity: € 1,300,000
Public Liability € 6,500,000
Products Liability:€ 6,500,000
Tax Clearance Certificate: 08231702-28244F Valid until 03.02.2017.
Company VAT Registration IE: 8231702R.
Lensmen uses four systems to back up all Information and images.
- Nostra’s online backup takes our data and safely stores it in cloud storage. Ours can be recovered quickly and efficiently from there, saving us from what would otherwise be a critical loss.
- Photoshelter/Libris is centralized image management platform, which stories high res images in password protect galleries. All images on our Photoshelter site are backed up on their servicers in New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Australia, as they have backup hubs located around the world.
- In the Lensmen office, we use a 10TB Raid Hard Drive to back up our day-to-day work. Each photographer uses 10TB Hard Drive to back up all video footage and images in Aperture-specialised archiving system.
- We have four copies of all Aperture Libraries held off site in different locations.
Aperture archiving system.
Aperture archiving system is a photo editing and management computer program developed by Apple Inc. Features of Aperture include non-destructive editing, organization of photographs by keyword, faces (using face detection and recognition), and places (using GPS metadata embedded in image files), brushes for applying effects (such as dodge and burn, skin smoothing, and polarization), and exporting to several popular websites, including Flickr, Facebook, SmugMug, and Apple’s iCloud.
Lensmen referencing and archive system
Since Lensmen was established in 1952, we have operated our own thorough in-house referencing system. Every negative or digital image is given a unique reference ID number e.g. 21023–103, names, titles, date, location, captioned and key worded, while also being grouped by job, by date and by topic.
All images taken by Lensmen Photography & Video can be uploaded to our website, www.lensmen.ie, in galleries. These galleries can be password protected in our client area to ensure privacy and discretion, if a client does not wish their photographs to be viewed by the public. A direct link to these images will be emailed to the designated contact person, and they will not be accessible without the unique password assigned to that gallery.
All images relating to a client, will be available online though the password-protected client area of our website.
Please contact us: 00353 (0)1 8197738 or email@example.com
What is Time-Lapse Photographer, Industrial Photographic, Seminar Videographic, Event Time-Lapse, Golf Photographer, Time-Lapse Photographic, Commercial Videographic, Corporate web Time-Lapse videos, Catwalk Photographer, Conference Videographic, Public Relations Photographic, What is time lapse photography, Why use Time-Lapse photography, Corporate and Commercial Photography, Drone Aerial Views,